I have served on Wasaga Beach town council for 4 terms over 15 years sitting on numerous municipal committees. During those years, all the current major commercial growth was constructed at each end of town, plus the YMCA/RecPlex, a dedicated Youth Centre, creation of our transit system, a successful doctor and medical recruitment.
While Wasaga Beach tourism is an important economic component, we are much more – having developed into a vibrant, diversified community under the stewardship of previous councils.
- A High School in Wasaga Beach as I have advocated since 2001;
- Expansion of local Trail and Bike lane initiatives;
- Tax increases in line with inflation;
- A plan to aggressively market Wasaga Beach as a Four Season Destination;
- A return to a “Get back to Business” approach to attract commercial investment and construction;
- Live streaming of meetings and simplifying of agendas;
- Promotion of the West End Business Park
- Development of mixed housing including affordable options;