GEORGE WATSON – Councillor for Wasaga Beach
Hello, I am
I am a local business man and full time resident in Wasaga Beach for 50 years. I attended Collingwood Collegiate and studied at York University. I have a collaborative, resolution based approach to problem solving; with an experienced, respectful attitude for due process, delivered in an accountable, open, and transparent manner for all residents of Wasaga Beach.
Wasaga Beach Council Highlights
From the April 30, 2020 meeting
Here is the latest information from the Town of Wasaga Beach and RTO-7 on the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back, as the situation is evolving.
Recap: OLG Gaming Facility Opportunity
Big Win Against Bill 66
As a Councillor for the Town of Wasaga Beach and a supporter of the environment, I was excited to see Ontario’s water, farmland, and natural heritage protected.
Learn more about George Watson’s professional career and volunteer work.
Please contact me by email and ask the tough questions: Where do I stand on the issues that concern you the most?
I shall continue supporting our rapidly growing community by;
- Ensuring local tax dollars are invested and spent wisely;
- Prioritizing a review of the operational responsibilities of all current Wasaga Beach Boards and Committees;
- Directing staff to aggressively market Wasaga Beach as a four seasons tourism destination;
- Continuing, as I have done since 2001, to constructively advocate to provincial and education authorities for construction of a high school in Wasaga Beach;
- Continue the expansion of our local transportation and develop trails and bike lanes through the entire community;
- Encouraging the development of mixed housing neighbourhoods with a variety of affordable options;
- Researching issues and speaking independently, while respectfully responding, in a civil manner, the views of council colleagues and the general public.