GEORGE WATSON – Councillor for Wasaga Beach
Hello, I am
I am a local business man and full time resident in Wasaga Beach for 50 years. I attended Collingwood Collegiate and studied at York University. I have a collaborative, resolution based approach to problem solving; with an experienced, respectful attitude for due process, delivered in an accountable, open, and transparent manner for all residents of Wasaga Beach.
I embrace local change and growth; believing we must respect and engage all Wasaga Beach residents.
Learn more about George Watson’s professional career and volunteer work.
Recap: OLG Gaming Facility Opportunity
Big Win Against Bill 66
As a Councillor for the Town of Wasaga Beach and a supporter of the environment, I was excited to see Ontario’s water, farmland, and natural heritage protected.
Please contact me by email and ask the tough questions: Where do I stand on the issues that concern you the most?
I shall continue supporting our rapidly growing community by;
- Ensuring local tax dollars are invested and spent wisely;
- Prioritizing a review of the operational responsibilities of all current Wasaga Beach Boards and Committees;
- Directing staff to aggressively market Wasaga Beach as a four seasons tourism destination;
- Continuing, as I have done since 2001, to constructively advocate to provincial and education authorities for construction of a high school in Wasaga Beach;
- Continue the expansion of our local transportation and develop trails and bike lanes through the entire community;
- Encouraging the development of mixed housing neighbourhoods with a variety of affordable options;
- Researching issues and speaking independently, while respectfully responding, in a civil manner, the views of council colleagues and the general public.